Dark mode: What iOS 10 could look like
Federico Vittici has completed his annual wish list for IOS, and has produced some intriguing visual mock ups and a video (see below) of how his suggestions could be implemented in IOS 10. One of Vittici's proposals is a system-wide dark mode. I am a user of the Overcast podcast app that has enabled its patrons to turn on this feature and, having used it for some weeks, I am keen for dark mode to be everywhere. Other Apple commentators have also chimed in with their suggestions for IOS 10:
- Jason Snell wants 3D Touch absolutely everywhere too, and for it to bring up more app options, such as jumping to the audio of a baseball game.
- Dan Moren would like Apple to include handwriting recognition for the Apple Pencil.
- I would like a customisable control centre.
- Rene Ritchie wants Handoff for iTunes, so that you can carry on listening to the same song on the Apple TV as the one you were hearing through your headphones on your commute.
- Serenity Caldwell would like to see drag and drop in split view on the iPad. Yes please!